Good day, my name is Stephanie Salv, and I'm a private practice attorney here in the Greater Atlanta area. I've had the privilege of helping clients in crisis since 1993 when I was admitted to the bar in Georgia. Today, we're going to talk about how to get divorced in the state of Georgia. There are two ways: the uncontested method and the contested method. One of the most frequent questions we get from potential clients is, "What is the difference between the two methods?" There's a common misconception out there that if two people want to get divorced, that somehow means they will have an uncontested divorce. Although that's a step in the right direction, it doesn't necessarily mean they have an uncontested divorce. What matters is whether these two people have an agreement on how to resolve the underlying issues of the marriage. In Georgia, a judge will not issue a final judgment decree of divorce until all the issues of the marriage have been resolved, either by settlement or by trial. So, what are the main areas that two parties have to be in agreement on in order to be granted an uncontested divorce? 1. Custody and visitation, if they have minor children. 2. Child support, if they have minor children. 3. Division of assets and debt allocation. 4. Alimony, although this is not applicable to the majority of divorcing families. It's important to note that these are the five main areas, but there are other interrelated sub-issues that need to be addressed during the divorce process. Some of these issues can include which parent will carry health insurance for the minor children, who will claim the children as tax exemptions on their state and federal taxes, and attorneys' fees. If the parties are able to agree...
Award-winning PDF software
Georgia contested divorce s Form: What You Should Know
Divorces with Children. Child support, visitation and custody laws are different in each county and may change after a divorce.
online solutions help you to manage your record administration along with raise the efficiency of the workflows. Stick to the fast guide to do Form Ga Petition for Divorce, steer clear of blunders along with furnish it in a timely manner:
How to complete any Form Ga Petition for Divorce online:
- On the site with all the document, click on Begin immediately along with complete for the editor.
- Use your indications to submit established track record areas.
- Add your own info and speak to data.
- Make sure that you enter correct details and numbers throughout suitable areas.
- Very carefully confirm the content of the form as well as grammar along with punctuational.
- Navigate to Support area when you have questions or perhaps handle our assistance team.
- Place an electronic digital unique in your Form Ga Petition for Divorce by using Sign Device.
- After the form is fully gone, media Completed.
- Deliver the particular prepared document by way of electronic mail or facsimile, art print it out or perhaps reduce the gadget.
PDF editor permits you to help make changes to your Form Ga Petition for Divorce from the internet connected gadget, personalize it based on your requirements, indicator this in electronic format and also disperse differently.