Good day my name is Stephanie salv and I'm a private practice attorney here in the Greater Atlanta area I've had the privilege of helping clients in crisis since 1993 when I was admitted to the bar in Georgia and today we're going to talk about how to get divorced in the state of Georgia there are two ways the uncontested method and the contestant method one of the most frequent questions we get from potential clients is what is the difference between the two methods there's a common misconception out there that if two people want to get divorced that somehow that means that they will have an uncontested divorce and although that's a step in the right direction that doesn't necessarily mean that they have an uncontested divorce because what matters is do these two people have an agreement on how to resolve the underlying issues of the marriage because in Georgia a judge will not issue a final judgment decree of divorce until all of the issues of the marriage have been resolved either by settlement or by trial so what are the main areas that two parties have to be an agreement on in order to be granted an uncontested divorce well if they have minor children then custody and visitation is the first area number two again if they have minor children child support 3 division of assets for debt allocation and 5 alimony now as a side note alimony is not something that is applicable to the majority of divorcing families but it is an issue for some people now notice that I said that these were five main areas there are other interrelated sub issues that need to be addressed during the divorce process and these issues can include which parent is going...
Award-winning PDF software
Georgia contested divorce s Form: What You Should Know
Divorces with Children. Child support, visitation and custody laws are different in each county and may change after a divorce.
online solutions help you to manage your record administration along with raise the efficiency of the workflows. Stick to the fast guide to do Form Ga Petition for Divorce, steer clear of blunders along with furnish it in a timely manner:
How to complete any Form Ga Petition for Divorce online:
- On the site with all the document, click on Begin immediately along with complete for the editor.
- Use your indications to submit established track record areas.
- Add your own info and speak to data.
- Make sure that you enter correct details and numbers throughout suitable areas.
- Very carefully confirm the content of the form as well as grammar along with punctuational.
- Navigate to Support area when you have questions or perhaps handle our assistance team.
- Place an electronic digital unique in your Form Ga Petition for Divorce by using Sign Device.
- After the form is fully gone, media Completed.
- Deliver the particular prepared document by way of electronic mail or facsimile, art print it out or perhaps reduce the gadget.
PDF editor permits you to help make changes to your Form Ga Petition for Divorce from the internet connected gadget, personalize it based on your requirements, indicator this in electronic format and also disperse differently.